Sunday, April 5, 2009

House Projects

We've been hard at work this winter and spring with some projects around the house. I feel as though we will never get everything done that we want to on the house! I guess that is one of the joys (?) of owning a home. But before we get to the pictures of home improvement, here is a shot I took of James this morning. Notice the hair...



Doug built a new railing for our deck which is now sturdy enough to keep James from falling over the sides. He also installed a gate at the top of the stairs so we can keep him penned in this summer.

Doug also built a new fence on one side of our house. This hides his trailer as well as the garbage cans.
And we've also been working on our basement. It was finished when we moved into our house but it needed some "freshening up". Somehow, I convinced my brothers to help me paint it at the beginning of February. Pete even helped me pick out the color - "Classic Taupe". Cory, Pete, and I didn't quite finish the job the night we started so my mom and dad went to work on it when they were here. Then I finally got it arranged and organized so it is usable for all three of us - Doug, James, and I each have our own space down there.
Here is Doug's office:
And my sewing area with Doug's recliner and the spare TV:

The other part of my sewing area:

James' storage cubes for his toys:

This is my latest project - a baby quilt for our nephew who will arrive at the end of April!

And the final picture of is of my new sewing machine (this picture is for you Grandma!)

No comments: