Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thanks Mom!

I love it when my mom comes to visit. She was here all last week and we were able to do alot of projects around the house - things I wanted to get done before the baby comes. We bought a crib and with Doug's help, (okay so Doug did it all) we got it all set up and ready for the baby. I made the bedding - crib bumpers, crib skirt, quilt, and the curtain in the room. Seeing a crib in the room when I walk by makes it seem so "real"! We also painted the popcorn ceiling in the baby's room after I had patched and repaired several holes in it. It was quite the chore and I was very glad to have mom's help.



We had time to paint our spare bedroom too. I picked a sage green for this room and the light color, although it looks white, is a lighter version of the darker sage. Mom brought us the dresser in the picture. It was my dad's when he was a little kid. I love the way this room turned out too!



We took some time out from all of our hard work for a BBQ and fireworks on the 4th of July.

And for Kaylynn's birthday on the 5th. She had a princess cake and had a great day in the park swimming and playing with her friends. She turned 4 years old. For more pictures check out The Yestertime Blog.

2 comments:

The Browning's said...

So cute! I like the yellows in the baby's room. Isn't nesting fun! See you soon! Linz

Grant and Paula Sala said...

The baby's room turned out great. I also love the spare bedroom. You and your mom were busy!!!

Paula